1. The Instructor will provide driving instruction for the pupil at the agreed rates and times. The cost of driving lessons will have been clearly explained upon first contact with "Highway to L" and again at the beginning of the first lesson.
2. Highway to L Driving Instructors will behave in a professional manner towards clients at all times. The instructor will avoid physical contact with a client except in an emergency or in the normal course of greeting. Whilst reserving the right to decide against giving tuition, the instructor will not act in any manner which contravenes legislation or discrimination.
3. The Instructor reserves the right to rearrange any lessons to a mutually convenient time without liability.
4. All bookings are made on the understanding that the school is not responsible for the postponement of training due to traffic conditions, adverse weather conditions, illness or mechanical breakdown. Highway to L cannot be held responsible for any costs incurred as a result of the postponement of any lessons, for whatever reason at no time will we offer a refund on any pre paid lessons.
5. Any pupil may be refused a driving lesson if the Instructor has reason to believe that the pupil is under the influence of alcohol or drugs and the lesson will still be charged for at the full amount.
6. The Instructor may refuse to carry on giving a pupil driving lessons without notice if the Instructor is not satisfied with a pupil’s conduct or commitment throughout the lessons. A pupil may be refused entry into the driving school vehicle if they are wearing soiled clothing or muddy work boots and the lesson will still be charged for at the full amount.
7. Instructors will advise clients when to apply for their theory and practical driving tests. The instructor will not cancel or re-arrange a driving test without the client’s agreement. When presenting a client for the practical driving test, the instructor will ensure that the client has all the necessary documentation to enable the client to take the test and that the vehicle is roadworthy.
8. If a pupil has entered for a driving test and does not keep up to date with their lessons prior to the test, or if in the opinion of the instructor the pupil is not safe to proceed with the test, the instructor reserves the right to refuse the use of the tuition vehicle for the driving test. In which case the instructor will not be liable for any loss of test fees.
9. Provided the pupil is in possession of a valid driving licence accompanied by or under the direction of an A.D.I or approved DSA Examiner, Highway to L's cars are fully insured with a policy excess of £150. If a pupil has an at fault accident the pupil must pay the first £150 of the said claim.
11. The instructor will make every effort to train you to the highest standard but can in no way be held liable for any errors you commit whilst driving and unaccompanied by your instructor either before, during or after a test pass.
12. The pupil will ensure that they hold the appropriate valid licence to drive the tuition vehicle.
13. Pupils must advise their instructor of any medication or prescription drugs they are taking that may affect their ability to drive safely before taking any lesson booked.
14. If a pupil is required to wear glasses or contact lenses whilst driving and he/she fails to wear them on a driving lesson, then the lesson will be cancelled with full charge to the pupil or parents.
15. Lessons are to be paid in advance i.e At the beginning of your first lesson you will pay for lesson one and two, lesson two you will pay for lesson three etc etc. Unless block bookings have been made then all these will be paid for in advance.
16. The pupil will give the Instructor a minimum of 24 hours notice to cancel or change a lesson for no charge to occur, otherwise the lesson fee will be payable. If you fail to turn up for an appointment (Your instructor will wait at the agreed pickup point for 10 minutes only) and no cancellation notice was provided by you to the instructor before the start of the lesson then the full charge of the lesson will be payable. All lessons paid for in advance are cancelled within 24 hours, then the full amount of a lesson will be charged.
17. The instructor must be notified of the date and time of a driving test self booked by the pupil when advised to book to ensure instructors diary is clear.
18. Opening and closing times are subject to change without prior notice.
19. If a pupil gets aggressive and services need to be withdrawn for safety or any other reason lessons can seize immediately.
20. There will be a recap within the last 15 minutes of the lesson, to discuss the lesson and arrange the next date of instruction.
21. We will only deal with the pupil in the event of complaint we will not deal with third parties expect in the case of a pupil under 18.
22. Whilst on test using a Highway to L vehicle a charge of one hour at the current lesson rate is to be paid in advance.